Protects against water migration, water can migrate through; rain, air/ vapour intrusion, leakage and ground settlement. There are several types of waterproofing; ones that form a continuous adhesive bond to concrete poured against it, the type that is applied in a self- adhering sheet form and trowel spray or brush applied versions, all of which are a must for building integrity.
- Cold fluid applied
- Self-adhered sheet applied
- Hot applied rubberized asphalt
Algoma Waterproofing Highlights
- We are certified applicators of: Tremco, Gemite, Grace, Soprema and W.R.Meadows.
- We have specifically trained personnel for any type of waterproofing
- We can provide budget costs for large commercial and industrial waterproofing projects
- If you have water damage, ”a leak”, we can inspect the condition and make recommendations that best suit your needs.
- We have trained equipment operators in cases where the requirement is to excavate down to the affected area to solve the problem.
The process of repairing old deteriorated or corroded concrete construction and restoring it to the original capacity. Restoring is simply bringing the structural integrity back to engineering standards without the costly expense of total reconstruction. Some of the ways these structures are repaired is by strengthening, injecting and form and pour.
- Scaling/spalling repair
- Rebar removal/replacement
- Epoxy injection
- Urethane injection
- Carbon fibre strengthening
- Expansion joint removal/replacement
Algoma Contracting can provide;
- comprehensive solutions to clients faced with consequent defects in all types of structures.
- Inspection and testing.
- Specialized job specific supervision.
- Structural repair of all types of buildings
- Sewage and water retaining structures
- Highways and bridges
- Reinforced concrete buildings
- Marine structures
- Parking garages
- Paved areas
- Trained personnel with qualifications in several disciplines.
High performance coatings are designed to protect surfaces from a corrosive or abrasive environment, these coatings are mainly used for primary and secondary containment. Primary containment, as one example, would be the inside surfaces of a tank or vessel. The outside surfaces would be considered secondary, as is, a spill containment area as we. All these require a knowledge and experience in the various types of preparations and applications. Architectural finishes on the other hand are mostly decorative and are not as complex.
- Elastomeric polyurethanes
- 100% solids epoxy coatings
- Chemical resistant coatings
- Abrasion resistant coatings
- Built-Up floor coating systems
- Traffic topping